Archinect
anchor

looking for the names of ecological urban design firms in USA

archjimmy

hey guys,

I am looking for some information of architecture firms doing good urban design projects in a sustainable way...although I know it is a bit hard to differentiate the "urban design" from the architecture, and evena small-scale building could be the result from the point of urban design process, but, I still aim for these names....like those firms have done some really nice projects, like infrastructure landscape, large scale, ecologically or green design....etc

as far as I know, like the Perkins+will,WEISS/MANFREDI,Sasaki architects, seems they are doing some interesting urban design projects with green faces and diagrams, but I am defi looking for some boutique firms who are doing some research-based urban design.

your hints would be helpful to my job cart.

Sep 24, 08 11:19 pm
treekiller

i'd scratch of P+W, they are more architect then urban designer and not boutique.

EDAW, SWA, sasasaki are not boutique but doing what you are asking about.
PWP, Field Ops, StoSS, Andropogon, Wenk Associates, are smaller and more critical in their ecological urbanism/landscape urbanism attitude.

the better landscape architecture firms are where you should be looking first.

also check out what Sorkin is up to.

but for a job search, you better have connections to the small 'boutique' offices or you won't get in the door - stick to the big one.

its a tough job market so don't give up.

Sep 25, 08 10:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: