Archinect
anchor

Architecture Diagrams Doubt

stephen11s

hello Guys can you please tell me in which program this diagrams have been made?? i think they were made in rhino but im not sure and im sure is not illustrator please help :)

Aug 26, 13 1:35 pm

Doesn't look like Rhino. The shapes may have been drawn in Rhino but it looks like someone drew this in a 2D vector app. Could be Illustrator, could be Xara, could be anything.

Aug 26, 13 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

why are you sure it's not illustrator?

It would be really easy to draw the basic shapes in rhino or Autocad and just bring them into illustrator... I would guess that's how they did it.

If it were me I would have drawn the basic forms in rhino/acad exported to illustrator for the fills, line-weights and some of the other detail, and then placed small raster images of people into that illustrator file.

Aug 26, 13 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

^ ^ I agree, the final product looks strikingly similar to what my office would produce using only SU + Illustrator...

Aug 26, 13 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

My guess is it is either

SketchUp massing> export 2D as a DWG/DXF 2007 > Illustrator > Line weights > Live Paint > Place Images of the raster people

or

Rhino massing> Make 2D > Export Selected > Illustrator > Line weights > Live Paint > Place Images of the raster people

They may have done the line weight in Illustrator then took it into Photoshop to fill in the boxes and add the raster scale figures.

Aug 26, 13 10:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: