Archinect
anchor

current events::portland, oregon

stephanie

are there any cool art/architecture/design exhibits or other general points of interest in portland oregon this first weekend in october?

i'll be there the 1st through the evening of the 4th.

i need to pad up my schedule between getting a hip haircut at bishops and rocking out at the mouse on mars/fly pan am/mono/junior boys/ratatat gig.

Sep 27, 04 3:24 pm
crillywazzy

make sure you get a tattoo while yr here too.

Sep 27, 04 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

I don't know of any offhand.. there's rarely any cool architecture stuff going on, but you can check the websites of the weekly papers to see what's listed. They have art exhibits, music, movies (the usual stuff)

willamette week comes out on wednesdays, and

the mercury comes out on thursdays

they generally have the same stuff listed, but I'd say the mercury is more likely to have more "underground" or edgy stuff, if you're interested.

I do know there is a show by olympia artist nikki mcclure at justbe/compound She does some pretty awesome stuff with and xacto knife. oops ends at the end of the month.. sorry.. it's got a pretty cool design store anyway.

Sep 27, 04 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

any final offers?

thanks pencrush...i am crushed that i will not be able to catch the nikki mcclure show. i have been a purchaser of her calendar for the last two years.

Sep 30, 04 12:05 am  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

merc comes out on tuesdays doesn't it?

Sep 30, 04 2:23 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

Isn't their the First Thursday art night (gallerys give out free booze at various openings)?

http://www.oregonlive.com/living/oregonian/randy_gragg/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/109524952546620.xml

don't know if the exhibit is open yet but this was a recent archi-comp straight outta P-land.

Sep 30, 04 6:42 am  · 
 · 
pencrush

crillwazzy, the mercury comes out on Thursdays.

Cameron,

I don't know if they have the boards for that comp up anywhere physically, but they have all the entries on their website for all to see. First Thursday will be next Thursday, sadly for stephanie.

I did see they're having a big art exhibition at the jupiter hotel (E Burnside) this weekend. I can't remember where I saw that though..

Sep 30, 04 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

yeah, i checked out the mercury. i almost got a room at the jupiter, now i am kind of wishing that i had...

i am bummed to be missing both first and last thursdays....but oh well.

i would really be interested in seeing the submissions for that competition too! but can't find any info. anywhere...i suppose i could call someone...ah.

i am sure that i can find plenty to do.

Oct 1, 04 1:07 am  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

At the Jupiter

Oct 1, 04 2:17 am  · 
 · 
truth

boards for the recent housing comp. are up at the city building located at 1900 SW fourth ave...when you're there you can check out our wonderful permit center.

Oct 1, 04 1:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: