Archinect
anchor

Advice needed on European VS American Construction

Sughar

Hello All,

I've been a project manager for several years now at a concrete structure fabrication company here in the US. Tomorrow I have an interview with a French company that has projects all over the European Union and North Africa.

As I prep myself for tomorrow, my question for all of you is are there any common pitfalls I might make in the transition from American to European construction methods? I admit my experience thus far has been limited to the US, so I am wondering if there is anything I should be made aware of.

Plus anything else that you think may be relevant or useful to my situation would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Sep 18, 08 11:43 am
mantaray

metric system!

(ok, dumb one, I know, but just in case...)

Sep 18, 08 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

Also, another dumb one: don't try to think of "Europe" as a place of one system. The difference between the UK and Germany in construction, for instance, might be equally big (maybe even bigger) than between the US and the UK, for instance. Versatility is the keyword...

Sep 18, 08 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
architectun

just 4 advice, u have 2 be using european technics, as well in drawing & lexic. the most difference that would exist is the units and graphics, otherwise, the universal character of architecture of nowadays don't releave a great difference between both sytems.
good luck!!!!

Sep 18, 08 9:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: