Archinect
anchor

Sept 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day

zigfromsa

Arrrr Mateys and Shiver me timbers!

Tis be a fine day to annoy yer co-workers, I plan on wearin' me eye patch ta work and sayin' AHOY ta everone I be meetin'

YARRR!

Sep 18, 08 9:08 am
liberty bell

Unfortunately, when I try to do Pirate, it comes out sounding Scottish, and vice versa. But I'll throw in a couple "aye ayes" and "Ahoys!" tomorrow wherever possible.

Sep 18, 08 9:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

arrrrgh...i'm an over 40 victim of fate...

Sep 18, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Emilio

and beyond this line there be monsters...

Sep 18, 08 10:10 am  · 
 · 
zigfromsa

Visit www.talklikeapirate.com for more piratey goodness, I think I managed to find a video on youtube comparing pirates to ninjas and why both are just soooo awesome.

Sep 18, 08 10:27 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Sep 18, 08 10:47 am  · 
 · 
mdler

tomorrow is taco and beer day on the job site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 18, 08 11:11 pm  · 
 · 

ho ho ho ho and bottle of rum, being a pirate is oh oh fun!!

Sep 19, 08 8:42 am  · 
 · 
zigfromsa

whoah, architechno, that pic of Johnny Depp is atrocious, he really needs to lay off the hooch.

Sep 19, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 

I think we all know there is no comparing pirates to real ultimate power of ninjas!

Sep 19, 08 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! AVAST YE SCALAWAGS!

BRING ON YE NINJA SCUM. ME CUTLASS WILL MAKE SHORT WORK O' THEM! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Sep 19, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 

"Then out of nowhere there was a small sound of a guitar wailing really really hard behind the hills. The wailing started getting louder and louder and louder. Then out of nowhere there was this one sweet ass ninja standing on top of a huge hill. Everybody was like “Woooooooooooow!” He was wearing all black and he had this jet red guitar in his hands. Then smoke smoked over the hills like trains. But the smoke was ninjas. And the pirates saw about a billion ninjas with guitars standing on top this his huge hill. And they started to wail…"

Sep 19, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick... tick... tick....

Sep 19, 08 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
zigfromsa

So "Talk like a Pirate Day" was here and went away and I realised that it's fun to talk like a pirate but it's bloody annoying having to listen to someone talk like a pirate.

Sep 22, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

zig, I'd say that's not an insignificant enlightenment and something we should all ponder. Cheers.

Sep 22, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

John Cleese, as an interviewer, turns into a pirate and speaks some great pirate talk in the first couple of minutes of this sketch...and the rest of it is funny too.

Sep 22, 08 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: