Archinect
anchor

Urban Design Post Professional Degree Programs?

I currently hold my BSArch, and will be completing my MArch in May 2014. I recently studied architecture & its realationship to urban design throughout Europe for 3 months and have fallen in love with the disipline of urban design. I have worked for a major archecture & urban design firm, and have done a lot of work with architecture and its relationships with master plans & urban design. My MArch thesis will have a strong tie to urban design and I hope to use it as a pivot point into a post professional degree.

I have also taken an interest in the dialouge of New Urbanism & Landscape Urbanism as theories to generate design. I am aware that these post-professional degrees normally weigh oneway versus another, but I am not currently agreeing with one side, more just involved in the current discourse & conversation.

With this in mind I would love some opinions on post-professional programs I am interested in, in the current order of desire. Most of these are for MUD Degrees or equivilents (all the programs have slightly different acronyms)

ETH

GSD

GSAPP

AA

UC Berkely

MIT

UMiami

Pratt

Aug 22, 13 2:02 pm

Any comments about these programs? Or the universities themselves?

ETH

GSD

GSAPP

AA

UC Berkely

MIT

UMiami

Pratt

Aug 23, 13 8:19 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Justin,

Your best bet is to search "urban design" in the search field above.  There've been many threads on this over the years.

Best of luck...

Aug 24, 13 12:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: