Archinect
anchor

Any Freemasons?

zoolander

Are any archinct posters here a member of the freemasons?

I know considerable amount of freemason architects, including the two best in the city. Throughout time, the best archtiects have been freemasons.

Sep 15, 08 9:11 am
ether

you might try the search function.

Sep 15, 08 9:15 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I am a Mason.

Sep 15, 08 11:43 am  · 
 · 
zoolander

Is it true you get some benefits, but have to do exactly what masons of a higher degree instruct? Whatever that may be.

Sep 15, 08 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
JCT81683

I am also a mason.

Sep 15, 08 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Cacaphonous Approval Bot

I am Spartacus.

Sep 15, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

zoolander, I think your question implicates Masonry as a kind of regimented hierarchy of command society. Freemasonry, since time immemorial always has had a hierarchical structure,..even our Modern Govt is similar in its structure....but Masons don't go around bossing newer members around. in fact every year everyone in a Lodge changes chairs. I guess you heard something, but it is probably best you go and just talk to Masons if you are sincere. Asking on Archinect i s like just inquiring here at this "cynic's forum". Also, it is easy enough to join any Lodge you want...unless you are a women, in which case a Co-Masonic Lodge would better. (I wish they would change that.)

Sep 15, 08 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
Cacaphonous Approval Bot

Are any of you going to review this:

http://www.archinect.com/books/detail.php?id=88362_0_25_0_M

Just Curious.

May 10, 09 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

"...at a time when modern artists were seeking orientation in Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, Blavatsky, Steiner" -- from a review of the book on amazon.

Perhaps, there was more cross-disciplinarian interest between Occult Ontologies and Visionary Architects in the early part of the 20th century than was ever written about.

May 10, 09 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Thom Freeman

i am a Mason as well.

May 10, 09 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

I come from a family of freemasons, and my father currently holds the chair. But I've yet to make the decision - instead to support him from the outside, at this point

May 11, 09 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

whats missing from a purely white masonic order and purely black masonic order (ie Prince Hall)?
a checkered board for a game of chess.

no, but really, why the segregation?

May 12, 09 7:29 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

noct,
funny observation lol.

The state of the American Malecraft is frought with contradiction and degeneration. I wouldn't even begin to pretend to defend its current state of affairs, even if I follow its basic tenets. Therein lies the issue, as an edifice, it has not evolved to accommodate a more polyvalent societal need. Being relegated to a kind of support group for veterans, it suffers from an archaic attachment to dogma concerning the occlusion of women, and thereby rendering it benign and irrelevant. Scolars will tell you a story of the potential in Masonry to lift up and and unify humanity, but most people only function in anecdotes when they discuss Masonry. Either pointing out its idiosyncrasies, or waxing devotional without a clear defense for the critics. I venture that although the Malecraft holds more Masonic Funerals rather than Initiations in many states these days , ...it will never disappear. It simply needs to change to become palatable to a wider audience.

May 12, 09 8:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: