Archinect
anchor

BFA Architectural Design at Parsons New School of Design /B.Arch at Pratt?

maimaikk

Can anyone give me an insight review of the course ? pros and cons of getting B.Arch and BFA in Architecture? and is the B.Arch at Pratt Institute better or BFA at Parsons ? I'm an international student, searching for architecture schools that don't require SAT (I really don't want to take SAT test) Thanks everyone!! x) 

Aug 20, 13 10:00 am
J5LO

It seems there are two separate questions being asked here: 1- What are the pros and cons of Parsons vs Pratt and 2 - What are the pros and cons of a BFA vs B.Arch.

I have a B.S. myself and I think you will find it convenient to have the B.Arch when all the schooling is done. I personally found it discouraging to need an additional graduate degree after my undergrad schooling was done.

As for the schools - check them out if possible. I looked at both and found they were very different.

Aug 20, 13 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

Just do the b.arch professional degree much better it will allow you to ate the exam and or do a one year 2-3 semesters post- professional masters degree if you ever felt inclined to do so.   

Aug 20, 13 11:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: