Archinect
anchor

Architecture and trade Magz

evilplatypus

What magazines are floating around your office?

I spy Midwest Construction News, Architectural Reacord and a copy of Detail that goes straight to the principle's office and then to his home without us ever getting to look at it.

Sep 8, 08 3:47 pm
liberty bell

I specify SubZero and Wolf appliances, so I'm the recipient 4x/year of a free trade mag called "Fantastic Kitchens - Naptown" that showcases "fantastic" kitchens in my city by local designers. It goes without saying that the featured projects are actually craptastic, not fantastic at all.

I also get Record, Architect, Dwell, Indy Home, and Lighting Design (?). Most of those are free.

Sep 8, 08 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I've tried to cancel the junk mail that arrives at my house under the name 'fabric architecture' and 'geotextiles'.

I'm partial to 'living architecture monitor' from GRHC and 'Ecostructure'.
'Environmental Design+Construction' is too often just a mouthpeice for the USGBC or manufacturers to be worth reading.

plus my ASLA & AIA memberships gets me LAM and AR, along with the local wannabe 'zine: 'MN Architect' - why do local aia chapters feel obligated to publish a magazine?

Sep 8, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Bruce Prescott

Architect's Newspaper is one that is actually worth reading (and free if you are licensed in CA or NY) I get Architect, but usually put another mag on top so that I don't have to look at the people on the cover. For real excitement check out Construction Specifier (CSI's magazine)

Sep 10, 08 2:12 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

we get some real awful rags but balance it out w/ detail and arch review

Sep 10, 08 2:33 am  · 
 · 
dominiond

Office: "Frame", "Abitare", "Detail" , "Artichoke"

Home: "I.D." , "wired" , "GOOD", " Plenty", "Fast Company", "Monocle"

Sep 10, 08 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: