Archinect
anchor

Print Shops Houston

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good print shop in the Houston area that does large (36x48) and small format printing as well as deliver to the Houston metro area? I've been working with A&E Graphics Complex so far but haven't been very satisfied with the smoothness of the transactions, deliveries, etc. Thanks in advance.

Sep 8, 08 12:55 pm
ether

I should also note this is a pretty big job (111,000 sq ft) and once we start rolling with DD and CD, we'll need prints fairly regularly.

Sep 8, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ether, I have nothing to offer, but can I see a teaser image of what you're doing in Houston? You've really peaked my curiosity.

Sep 8, 08 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
pettydesign

Ridgeways! They generally pull in better pricing that thomas reprograhpics (which now owns a&e). I used to have terrible experience with A&E. The people working there are freakin idiots and get things wrong VERY often. Although I would admit when I was back in Houston over the summer at a firm they seemed to be getting better.

http://www.ridgways.com/

theres another shop that also is really competitive and new in the area. I just can't think of their name!! But the are located on shepherd just south of westheimer on the east side of shepherd if your in the area. in the randells lot.

Sep 8, 08 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
ether

thanks pettydesign! i'm not in houston but with a little searching around, i should be able to find the second place you mentioned.

Sep 8, 08 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
pettydesign

you gotta love the almighty google streetview.... and large business signs! i just "drove" through the area while 5,000 miles away.

Its HPI. Ive only used them once and got a good price.... but i remember it was a single order so im not sure what they can work out with you. But my one experience was great and I had been recommended to them from a friend who did his graphics+architecture work with them.

http://www.houstonphotoimaging.com/

Sep 8, 08 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: