Archinect
anchor

SF Trip

Looking for cool happenings, events, music, theater, restaurants, etc. in SF for a week starting 8/21. Pomplamoose doesn't have any gigs, already checked.

Will go to Wright's Morris gift shop and Greene and Greene's Thorsen house in Berkeley, but the trip is not an architour. Also Diebenkorn at SFMOMA.

Thanks --

Aug 15, 13 10:34 pm
Veuxx
I always enjoy the punchline comedy club when I go if you are into that!
Aug 15, 13 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
thunderclap

I think Diebenkorn is at the de Young.

Aug 16, 13 12:18 am  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

If you like tequila: http://www.tommystequila.com/

Aug 16, 13 11:20 am  · 
 · 
observant

Since you are not looking to do the quick tour of architecture, be sure to check out the rotating top of the Hyatt at the Embarcadero for a drink and a snack so you can get a great night time view of the city and the environs.

Also, check out North Beach for Italian restaurants and pizzerias.  I think North Beach Pizza is an institution.

If on a weekend and it's up and going, check out the weekend market on Shattuck Avenue in Berkeley.  From SF, one train (Richmond-San Pablo) can get you there if you don't want to transfer in Oakland.  The tie-dyed crowd runs the merchant stands and it's like being in a time warp.  I don't know if Berkeley's campanile, an exact replica of the one at St. Mark's Square in Venice, minus the red brick, is open to tourists or has an elevator to the top, but I bet the view of the G.G. would be nice.

Aug 16, 13 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

FYI...my former boss, Aaron Green, who apprenticed with Wright starting in 1939, and who shared a west coast office with Wright in SF in the 1950's did the restoration of Morris. Mention Aaron Green and you will get special treatment.

Aug 16, 13 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Tommy's Tequila is right down the street from Kahn Toke, my favorite Thai place.  

Aug 16, 13 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
ShakeyDeal

Brenda's French Soul Food

Aug 16, 13 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks, Aaron, that's on the list!

Aug 16, 13 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

also drop my Jupiters on Shattuck in Berkeley(at Berkeley Bart) and ask for Flynn to pour you a tall glass of Buzzerkeley beer

Aug 16, 13 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: