Archinect
anchor

Windows 7 64-bit with 4 gb ram w/ 3ds Max, maya 2012 -- 64-bit vs 32-bit.

birdbird

I am wondering if anyone is running this setup smoothly? I tried my 2010 version of maya on my OS X side and found that it was impossible to do anything (pinwheel with every mouse move). So I just picked up a copy of Windows 7 64-bit, haven't broken the box seal and was looking at getting Maya and Max for this system. Autodesk states that you should have at least 8 gb of RAM in order to run 64-bit 3ds Max. I don't really know the technicalities here. Would it be completely useless? Would I enjoy 32-bit better? Could always take out my Maya 8. That worked back in the day. 

BTW, I have a late-2008 MacBook Pro. So I'm stuck at 4gb RAM -- thinking of upgrading but afraid. and seeing how this works first. 

Thanks for your advice and insight.

May 28, 11 3:24 pm
sameolddoctor

I think Windows 7 64 bit should work just fine with 4gb of ram. Sure 8 gb is better than 4b, but I am running a lenovo laptop with 4gb ram and windows 7 64. The 64 bit architecture is much faster for photoshop etc. as well.

May 28, 11 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: