Archinect
anchor

Job Interview @ Major Architecture Firm! *advice??*

quitenice

Hello friends,

I have an interview today for an Executive Asst. position at a very well known firm and I am sooooo excited! In fact, the most excited I have ever been as far as jobs go. I would be interviewing for the spot of the lead designer's assistant. I know I am qualified and am so completely floored/honored they would consider me!  Any advice going in?? I have no idea what to expect because of their company culture ...   I studied art history for my undergrad, and can definitely talk the talk/walk the walk. Just am hoping to get some insight from anyone out there!

Aug 12, 13 11:36 am
quitenice

Also, I should add that they are very relaxed, but super professional and busy office. They are semi-young and do large projects. I am thinking this will be a pretty casual interview? Well, at least that is what I am hoping for!

Aug 12, 13 11:40 am  · 
 · 
Xena

Hi Quitenice! All the best for your interview!  i can't help much, except for this insightful article: 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21574994/64-Interview-Questions

:)

Aug 12, 13 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Maybe the interview will be "pretty casual," and maybe not.  Prepare to be grilled, and have an answer for everything you can.  If instead it's casual, then it's a pleasant surprise.

Aug 12, 13 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
quitenice

Thanks, citizen!  I have been preparing for this interview for several days, but this will be my first foray into the world of architecture and I was in such a different career space before now.  You never know!

Aug 12, 13 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Whatever you do, don't wear this shirt

or these pants

Aug 12, 13 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Whatever you do, don't wear this shirt

If the firm is on the Jersey Shore then, yes, wear that shirt and, if the OP is a woman, find a blouse with that pattern.  That is too cool for school.

Aug 12, 13 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
quitenice

Bahahaha! Firstly, I am a lady and I had my outfit on POINT. I will say that if I were a guy, I wouldn't ever even entertain the idea of pleated pants. Thankyouverymuch.

I smashed it at that interview!

Aug 12, 13 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: