Archinect
anchor

Gustav

To all the 2+ million folks evacuating, all the architects on the gulf, all the architecture students at tulane & other schools - take care and be safe.

Gustav Evacuation on Archinect News

Archinect Emergency Help Page

previously on archinect:
the weather thread

Katrina Katrina Katrina
katrina katrina

New Orleans is Sinking into Same Levee Mistakes
you were warned

katrina cottage 1
katrina cottage 2..

NOLA
Hotelling Katrina
rebuilding 1
rebuilding 2
rebuilding 2

rebuilding Biloxi 1

and way too many news posts - just search for katrina...

Aug 31, 08 9:13 pm

Barry - bloody good thread to start, I only hope they haven't seen it because they were too busy evacuating. My thoughts are with them all, and hope they were able to get to safer/higher ground

Aug 31, 08 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

here in Houston my ac just went out...and I need to fill the cars up and go get some water...just in case...we are not evacuating to Austin unless it takes a bit of a turn to the west...but anything is possible.

NO residents should be gone already, and if not...very soon.

Best of luck everyone.

Aug 31, 08 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

NOLA & the gulf may have escaped the worst as Gustav is now a Cat 2...

interactive flash hurricane intensity

Sep 1, 08 11:41 am  · 
 · 

treekiller thats the funniest animation I've ever seen. I know its people's lives and stuff - but wow, played it twice for good measure. Its also not too accurate. Aroung category 2 its going to create loads of suction on the reverse side of the roof (this is really where most hurricane damage comes from despite preception). The suction can get bad enough to rip through a side of a roof or flip a school.

anyway...everyone keep safe

Sep 1, 08 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

that animation was amazing.

Sep 1, 08 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, hurricane charley wiped my grandparent's house and boat clear off the face of the earth. caused them to move back north to steer clear of blowhards, the natural and political kind.

Sep 1, 08 11:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: