Archinect
anchor

Rhino + Vista issue

So I bought the new HP dv7-1025nr with vista 64 which has the new graphic card geforce 9600m GT and when i lunch rhino 4 and try to draw something the screen goes black and it crashes. tried to find driver update but no luck.

any other way i can fix this problem?

I would of down graded to xp but i believe i wont find all the drivers i need so I'm pretty much out of luck

Tx in advance

Aug 31, 08 3:28 am
pressburg

I had major problems with Vista - it's really the kiss of death. I ended up returning my computer and I'm gonna buy with a downgrade to xp. Can you return the compouter? If you order from DELL you can downgrade to xp.

Aug 31, 08 10:07 am  · 
 · 
nb072

my vista dell runs rhino just fine, no issues whatsoever.

Aug 31, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

eep! As I type this I am trying to install Vista 64, and I am primarily a Rhino user.

Aug 31, 08 11:55 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

have you tried this: DirectX 9 for Rhino

Aug 31, 08 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

also, do you have the SR installed? SR 1 supposedly fixed the VIsta issue that you're talking about (SR 4 was just released); amazing what you can find using the google

I betting you're not using a "legal" release. . .

Aug 31, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
badalian

I believe upgrading the SP fixed the problem. before i had sp0 and the direct X for rhino was giving me issues of updating the plug in soo. for now it is not crashing anymore, i'll really test it while making complex objects :) will let u know

TX all

Aug 31, 08 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Service release fixes all woes. It's always a good idea to upgrade Rhino when they put out the new SR's... they often contain great bug fixes and on occasion some sweet new features.

I have a legit student copy of v4 and my friends in studio all had bootlegged ones, hence they were all running sr0 and I was running sr3 (at the time) I almost never crashed, while they constantly complained about crashes. Amazing how much aggravation $200 can save you...

Sep 3, 08 3:26 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

not to mention put all the latest greatest lab tool plug-ins in place

140$

Sep 3, 08 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
anvi

Easy fix:
I had the exact same problem. It's an easy fix.

Go find your Rhino shortcut.
Right click it.
Properties
Compatibility
Check Disable desktop compostion,
(and for good luck charm check "run the program" for XP)

That should do it. It has something to do with the way aero (whether it's enabled or disabled interferes with the rendering engine)

Sep 3, 08 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

I just set up a bootcamped macpro with Vista 64…so far Rhino 4.0 SP4 is running smooth; network printing, not so much

Sep 5, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i love xp64 and openGL

the way we may be forced to move in the future makes me nervous.

Sep 5, 08 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: