Archinect
anchor

Job Interview Questions, NYC

circlek09

Hello everyone, was wondering if I could get a few tips. I'm going to my first professional job interview in NYC and have a few ideas on what to ask, but for people who have already done this, what other things should I ask about myself and the company. And really any other tips like dress wear, salary, etc. would be really helpful. It's a semi-corporate firm who does great work and I've been told you start with a high level of responsibility. Thanks you for helping out everyone.

Aug 29, 08 2:07 pm
Apurimac

No matter how bad you sketch, when they ask, list it as a strong point, because it doesn't really matter anyway.

Aug 29, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

I'd be very specific in asking about their typical working hours. MANY NY firms love to take advantage of the unpaid overtime rule. That is, if you're going on salary.

Sep 3, 08 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
housearc

For me, the toughest question is the salary expectation. I don't want to ask to scare away the employer if I ask too high. I also don't want to ask too low to work underpay. Here's what I usually do beside preparing the interview questions. Goto JPSData.com and type in the company and title in search box and find out what salary they pay. Then goto Salary.com to use its salary calculator to figure out whether it's smart move to relocate to a different city, especially more expensive city, like NYC.

Sep 7, 08 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: