Archinect
anchor

Blogs vs. Magazines

mendelerichson

There was a brief, though interesting post regarding the merit of books vs. blogs on archinect. But I think many of us still buy architecture books. What I think is happening is not that blogs are replacing (or displacing) books, but that architecture blogs are replacing architecture magazines. I buy books all the time, but when was the last time I bought a magazine? A journal I buy sometimes. But this raises another issue, if blogs are replacing magazines, are bloggers another form of journalist, or are they something else?

Aug 29, 08 12:00 pm
fareanima

They are something else yes. More original and free to say what they want, which is pretty cool. and I wouldn't mind if they replace magazines since I dont buy any.

here is one about situationist space.

http://fruttadimare.blogspot.com/

Oct 23, 08 5:18 am  · 
 · 

For me it's simple: I never read more than a page of A4's worth of text on screen. I never listen to music straight off the internet.
I hardly ever read books in university libraries either.
For me, concentrating on a text or on a piece of music requires an otherwise empty space around me and an armchair. In other words, I want to be free of distractions.
That said, having an inkling of how books get published, I don't rate the authority of the printed word any higher than that of the on-screen version.

And magazines? Amelia's Magazine, Plan B (music releases, gig reviews), Music Tech etc. (recording) The Plan, Forum AID...

Oct 23, 08 7:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: