Archinect
anchor

Miso Typeface for Revit

Miso

is a very nice typeface designed in 2006 by Mårten Nettelbladt

I am proposing it for use as our office's standard typeface for CAD as we make the transition from AutoCAD to Revit.

If there is any reason why we absolutely should not do this, I would love to know!

What are your favourite CAD-appropriate typefaces?

Aug 28, 08 1:30 pm
ff33º

Do they pay you to sit around contemplating fonts?

Aug 28, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
cheapo

Yup.

Aug 28, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
cheapo

A legible, compact typeface is a wonderful thing for a drawing full of annotations.

Aug 28, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

that's pretty nice, thanks for sharing

Aug 28, 08 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Miso is my favorite typeface, hands down.

Aug 28, 08 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

looks a lot like Univers rounded

Aug 28, 08 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

If you have ever had to send one of your drawings or title blocks to a consultant you will understand why this is not a good idea. Best to stick to fonts that come preinstalled with windows. This is limiting, but it's better to see plain old Arial consistently through a set than to find your Miso is substituted with Comic Sans on the structural drawings.

Sep 2, 08 11:32 am  · 
 · 
cheapo

@4arch:
I have been working for architects for 20 years now, (OK, I had a summer job in high school back in 1988, and then went to arch school), and I agree 100% with what you say, *BUT* I (and I hope those in charge of CAD here) think a good looking set of drawings is worth some hassle. We are already making the move to Revit. By contrast, changing our stock typeface is trivial!

Sep 2, 08 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
a good looking set of drawings is worth some hassle

4arch's point is that you might not end up with a good looking set of drawings. if your consultants and other team members do not have MISO on their local machines, they'll substitute another font at their computer's discretion.

guaranteed you will have structural drawings and MEP drawings that show all of your backgrounds in Comic Sans...or worse yet...DINGBATS!

the hassle will not be making it the default in your office, but in trying to get everyone you work with to use it as their default.

just a thought, but what do i know. i use Gill Sans Light for EVERYTHING.

Sep 2, 08 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
cheapo

I said I agree! I know how fonts work on computers!
There will be some hassle.

We only work with so many consultants. It won't be long before we get them all set up with Miso.

Sep 2, 08 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

your agreement wasn't strong enough for me.

you see...i'm one of those consultants you see on TV, and i hate when i get shitty architectural backgrounds.

you can always explode your text blocks into p-lines, can't you?

wtf do i know. i don't use autocad or revit. good luck.

Sep 2, 08 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
cheapo

"your agreement wasn't strong enough for me."
that kinda talk needs a smiley after it mister :)

Sep 2, 08 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

my name is all the smiley you'll ever get from me.

i had a falling out with emoticons many years ago, long before lolcats, and i haven't used them since.

Sep 2, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: