Archinect
anchor

What music?

fays.panda

I finished school early summer and have been working for a while now,, my first job,,, something to do while trying to figure out what it is I want to do exactly with myself,,

anyways, I realized one of the little things that have not changed in the crossover from school to practice is my music,,

I'mjust wondering what everyone is listening to nowadays

As for me, my playlist nowadays is:

pink floyd
the postal service
bob dylan
the magic numbers
radio head
the white stripes

I know, its too eclectic, but they are also similar,, in some ways,, im confuuuuuuuuuuuusseeeeeddd

SO?

Aug 26, 08 2:50 pm
fays.panda

ive seen these already,, and,, some of them are from 2005!!! I dont think theres any harm in asking such a question again???

Aug 26, 08 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

fays, I'm listening to a lot of old soul music these days. I never listened to it in school. About four years out of school I just gave up on trying to stay current with music. I also became unembarrassed of my love of doo-wop, and listen to it frequently now.

Not that you should do the same.

Aug 26, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb you must be happy that its pledge drive week on wfyi because they always show that doowop show during their pledge drives!

Aug 26, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

"I know, its too eclectic..."

No, no, no, can NEVER be too eclectic...music is music...it's either good or it isn't, and old or new's got nothing to do with it. (and everything now new will very soon be old).

Aug 26, 08 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

and that list is good, btw...go back even further...ragtime, New Orlelans jazz, delta blues....it's all good.

Aug 26, 08 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am all cat power all the time today and pretending she is my wife. we are very happy together as long as i keep the booze locked up.

Aug 26, 08 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR
CAT STEVENS
Aug 26, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

and NERD

Aug 26, 08 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

CAT Stevens and nERD - WOW - Now thats some contrasting music

While in school and since Ive been in the real world

Ive always listened to

Grateful Dead - Mostly live stuff - the jamming keeps me working and focused - grate for all nighters - 4 hours of straight music!!!
ZERO - same as above ^^^
Phish - same as above ^^^

Primus, 1980's Metalicca, Hendrix - for when I need to crank some shit out and really get some work done at 1-2am

Something I havent listened to in a while is Infected Mushroom - this we would only put on at 5am when we needed that last push before 9am crit - I was like a machine when that shit would come on!!!!!! Dont like/need to work like that anymore though

I find once I put the old school hip hop on (biggie, Tupac) - I have little to no motivation to do anything. Even though I love that music too.

gogol bordello
GOGOL BORDELLO - Is playing in SF at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 26, 08 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

dylan beatles stones zeppelin stripes floyd hendrix cash young williams van zandt blind willy mctell blind lemon hopkins the doors black crowes the who jefferson airplane lennon nirvana pumpkins black mountain midlake sparta the volta ryan adams muse parlor mob rage seeger allman brothers at the drive in bach beethtoven chopin band of horses the band stone temple pilots rich robinson the fighters 7 mary 3 cream blind faith traffic strange sensation greatful dead black sabbath ccr ben harper black keys brendan benson cat power chevelle cky oasis counting crows cure vedder clapton finch thrice the feds strutmore frightened rabbit hank III the hives johnson jethro tull killers kinks syd barrett magnetic fields mississippi john hurt crazy horse neutral milk hotel nick drake nine inch nails old crow medicine show pearl jam polyphonic spree raconteurs shins system tool von bondies wolfmother wrechless eric killers pixies john lee hooker robert johnson berry everly bros fuck srv bloomfield government mule gilmour and so on although dylan will always be better than everyone

i'm a musician and these guys are my closest friends

Feb 11, 09 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
binary

all detroit music

from dilla-slum-aux88-UR

Feb 11, 09 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

this is alive agian!

Feb 12, 09 12:20 am  · 
 · 
n400

I don't listen to music as much as I used to. Right now I'm watching Glenn Gould-The Alchemist DVD (my boyfriend puts this on all the time) and remembering tat I like music and need to listen to it more often. Glenn Gould's attitude during interviews on this DVD bears striking resemblance to the tone of Libeskind's 'Breaking Ground' that I picked up at the library today and will probably finish tomorrow after work. I'm enjoying it a great deal.

I want to make one of those muxtape-style mixes, but don't know which site is preferred at this point, and don't think it'd be worth the time since nobody would probably bother listening to it anyway.

Feb 12, 09 12:24 am  · 
 · 
n400

Now he has put on Gumby

Feb 12, 09 12:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: