Archinect
anchor

Photosynth

FOG Lite

Photosynth from Microsoft Live now enables you to create your own multi-photo walk through. I was really excited by this product a couple years ago when they put up a couple demo's online.

I imagine a tool like this would be tremendously usefully for documenting site photos and even as a construction administration tool. You could have all your photos from site visits over-layered and be able to "go back" into the walls and see where everything was put, wiring, plumbing, etc.

The only drawback now is it seems there is no way to make a "synth" private.

Check it out:

Photosynth

Aug 21, 08 11:31 am
Mission St.

This has been in beta *forever*, is it actually "live" now?!

(their web site is down right now, which I'd guess is a good omen)

Aug 21, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I haven't had any luck with it today, I imagine the announcement has flooded them.

Aug 21, 08 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
induct

I like this 3d viewer thing, it is pretty cool

www.cooliris.com

Aug 21, 08 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=f2024687-47ff-404e-a986-5062932291fb

Gehry's Serpentine Pavillion in photosynth.

Aug 22, 08 12:26 am  · 
 · 
fine line

When logging on with a mac...

"Unfortunately, we're not cool enough to run on your OS yet."

Aug 22, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
RevisionV

When I first saw this thing on TED about a year ago, I was totally gobsmacked (like most people).... And the fact that it was by microsoft research was surprisingly, shows there hope for it yet...

Aug 22, 08 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, that guy blaise is pretty smart.

Aug 22, 08 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Thanks 6nuew for the link, that seemed to work rather well and gave a fair idea of what the space is like.

Aug 23, 08 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Aug 23, 08 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: