Archinect
anchor

physical fitness and architecture

Wilma Buttfit

Hiking, trail running, yoga, x-country skiing, shooting hoops. The older I get, the more active I am. 

Dec 16, 17 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

my husband hurt himself doing yoga. do what you want, that peer pressure stuff is no good. I used to have a punching bag in the garage. I didn't use it that much.

Dec 16, 17 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I don't eat crap, cycle and walk to work and don't work ridiculous hours so get enough sleep. All that exercise I don't know, you never see athletes reaching very old age or hear stories from centenarians having done such excessive exercise regimes...yet we are supposed to be sweating and pumping iron like there's no tomorrow. Koolhaas swims everyday, maybe that's something to consider.

Dec 16, 17 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

It seems you're allergic to swimmers, not swimming per se.

Dec 18, 17 6:32 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I climbed the tallest mountain in Colorado. 16 hours up and back. I think it was 5,200 feet elevation gain, don't recall the lateral distance. Changed my life.

Dec 17, 17 12:54 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Catskills aren't too far from you. Different kind of mountains, but mountains.

Dec 17, 17 11:11 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

if we get some snow this year I will start skining up twice a week, and downhill on weekends

Dec 17, 17 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I had to cancel my ski trip because of no snow. :(

Dec 18, 17 8:37 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

we're getting some on xmas weekend, but it's going to be extremely cold, and traffic on I-70 will be terrible, stay down there.

Dec 18, 17 11:50 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

nice that this popped up today as my dr. says I have a fat liver. 

There are two treatment options, lose weight or wait 30 years and get a liver transplant.

Dec 18, 17 10:24 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I plan on using that joke a couple times next week

Dec 18, 17 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

physical fitness is very important - I run 35 miles/week and do upside down crunches after work, walk 2 miles at lunch, and on weekends.

If your not fit, then you are headed for burnout

Dec 18, 17 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

I agree. It is like putting your oxygen mask on first in a plane crash. If you cant take care of yourself you will be in no position to care for others.

Dec 18, 17 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

I start every day with 1 hr of hard cardio. Me first. Then during the day I like to practice the 2hr rule.  I do 2 hours of solid focused work then I leave the building and go for a 10-15 min walk, usually this is how and when I take phone calls. I also make a point of eating my lunch while I go for a 45 min walk everyday and I try to visit as many construction sites within walking distance as possible. Amazing how much you learn gawking at construction sites.  

When I don't practice this routine I notice a considerable drop in productivity which means I am not serving my clients or projects to the best of my ability.  It's like sharpening your pencils. Your body is just as much a tool for design as your pencil. The fatter and sloppier you get the less efficient you are. Your personal appearance is a major factor in hiring for this reason.  

Dec 18, 17 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Risfy1994

It is possible of course! Everything depends on your motivation and time management :)

Dec 20, 17 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: