Archinect
anchor

Code for sustainability assessor - anyone become one?

RevisionV

This is mostly for the uk 'necters... Anyone took the code for sustainability assessor training course and the exams? How did you find the course, the exams?

I am planning on going on the training in early sept... We have a project that requires a code 3 assessment - and makes sense to have an inhouse assessor...

Aug 10, 08 8:17 am
RevisionV

hmmm.... i guess not.

anyways, for those who are interested, the Code is much like the LEED is americon.

developed by the Building Research Establishment (UK) for different types building... set to become a mandatory thing, that will eventually be incorporated into the building code.

a lot of local authorities are begining to enforce atleast some level as a condition for granting planning permissions/approvals.

http://www.breeam.org/page.jsp?id=86

Aug 11, 08 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
RealLifeLEED

I'm not sure BREEAM's stranglehold on UK sustainable assesment will last... Top five visitors to RealLifeLEED are:

1. US
2. Canada
3. UAE
4. UK
5. Germany

Very anecdotal, but I'm getting more and more international traffic...

Aug 26, 08 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
RevisionV

reallifeleed, that's interesting actually... But I doubt that BRE will ever be removed from this sorts thing. Let's see though because the plan is slowly make the code apply to all new built buildings.

From your experience, what's are the similarities/differences between the two?

Aug 26, 08 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
RealLifeLEED

I couldn't really comment, as I've never worked on a breeam project...

Aug 26, 08 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
pettydesign

hey Im an american now working in the lovely miami weather of london.

Im LEED AP in the states and am wondering if its worth getting the BREEAM thing here in london. Ive looked into it a bit but not too in depth. Do many architects/pt2's get the assesment thingy?

let me know how you do on your exam.

Sep 9, 08 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: