Archinect
anchor

good small NY architecture firm

useasback

Hi, I'm currently working in a corporate office in Pittsburgh where design work is not good, moral is low, interns are not valued, etc.

I wonder are there good small NY archi firms that is worth a try?(8-20 people) I guess I want to be in a firm that had built some real bldgs , if they've public bldg projects, that'll be nice( I probably be dreaming for this size of an office). and I don't want to work overtime too
much.

thanks in advance for any input.

Aug 4, 08 3:57 pm
useasback

I've worked 2 years to now, "good" I mean interesting design and nice people.

pay is not too critical for me because I don't have a family to feed. I just want to get all around experience for now.

Aug 4, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

twbta
REX
LTL

i'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum before.

Aug 4, 08 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

Holzman Moss

Aug 4, 08 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
useasback

thanks a lot.

and anyone could think of some others please let me know.

Aug 4, 08 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

REX is small?.... ok

N architects (www.narchitects.com)

Aug 4, 08 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

oh yes and.....

MOS: www.mos-office.net

Aug 4, 08 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i thought rex downsized to like 6 people

Aug 4, 08 9:18 pm  · 
 · 

MOS is in New Haven, not NYC.

Aug 4, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

^ color me impressed

Aug 4, 08 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

is REX even alive anymore? last time I heard, they had absolutely nothing to do with the kentucky project on hold. they were updating their website every hour just to keep them busy.

Aug 4, 08 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Xing

rex is shrinking.

Aug 5, 08 1:48 am  · 
 · 
nonarchitect

Does REX have a licensed architect ? If so, I may mant to hire them...also does snohetta have a full service nyc office that can stamp drawings ?

Aug 8, 08 11:22 am  · 
 · 
biker1

I heard from a former employee that the other founding partner left, and they're down to three people. I guess they can change their name to RX.

Aug 8, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

confirmed

Aug 8, 08 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: