Archinect
anchor

Sustainable Dance Club

ryanj

Anyone been to [url=
one?]http://www.sustainabledanceclub.com/index.php?t=txt&tx=3]one[/url]?[/url] The first club opened 2006 in Rotterdam and the second just weeks ago in London.

If so, how was the experience? Is the technology legitimate? I couldn't find much on the Dutch firm's website.

Jul 27, 08 6:49 pm
rutger

The first club didn't open in 2006, it was just one evening. I went there, it was a great party in off corso (Rotterdam) and there were presentations about the idea of a sustainable dance club.
The first club is under construction at the moment in Rotterdam, it is named club watt and is scheduled to open 4 September 2008. The watt-site is in Dutch, however there is a small presentation; click on 'watt's building' on the top right of the page.
More info sustainabledanceclub.hyves.nl and myspace.com/sustainabledanceclub and enviu.org.
The idea comes from döll - atelier voor bouwkunst. For more information you could contact them.

Jul 28, 08 9:05 am  · 
 · 
binary

well.... in order to really make the energy really happen....... i think you need breakdancers......

you see..... breakdances have alot of motions when they dance...from the floor work to uprock to acrobats/etc....... then the poppers have alot of standing body movements.....

the thing i see at clubs is that people dont really move..... most folks dance like trees...feet planted and a sway motion..... i coined this as the "tree dance"....

now for more energy.... they should look into tap dancers and river dancers to really fill up those batteries....

b

Jul 28, 08 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

most sustainable activities are eat local, work local... &

dance inside ur bedroom!

Jul 28, 08 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
binary

only horizontal dancing in ur bedroom ;)

Jul 28, 08 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

yes dancers that move more than less please

Jul 28, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes
Jul 28, 08 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i always wonder why the gym cannot be sustainable... hosh....

Jul 29, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

true that

Jul 29, 08 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: