Archinect
anchor

Where is the Architecture/Art Community in Barcelona? Donde estan la Communidad de Arquitectura y Arte en Barcelona?

30Collective

I'm interested in attending lectures, and perhaps just chatting about architecture and art over a drink, does anyone know about any architecture / art associations or groups I could join? Or perhaps are there any interested parties who would like to join if I start one in Barcelona?

Thanks

En castellano

Me gustaria ir a exposiciones y conferencias de arquitectura y arte o puedser hablando sobre arquitectura y arte y tomando un cafe. Me interesan las asociaciones de arquitectura y arte en Barcelona . Sabes de alguna? Puedeser alguien quiere a hacer uno conmigo?

Muchas Gracias .

Jul 9, 08 12:58 pm
Bluesman7

Hey,

If you go across from the Barcelona Cathedral in that plaza (plaza mayor, I think), there is a taller building that is home to the spanish equivalent of the AIA. I think the building has like heiroglyphics painted on th side (its been a while, so maybe it has changed).

I the bottom floor of the building is on of the best Architecture Books/Crafts store I have ever been in. Everytime I went, there was always something going on and architects/artists everywhere.

There is also an arch. school right behind Meier's MACBA where I met some cool people.

Hope this helps

Jul 9, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

I'll be coming to Barcelona for two weeks in August for the LaN workshop at the IaaC.

Jul 9, 08 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
n_
Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Cataluña
Jul 9, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

joder, what you mean "where they are"?? just try th next time to talk to the next one to you in a random bar, ask what he/she does.... 2 options, nothing or "im an architect" hahaha...

hey PIXEL didnt knew you were coming to the workshop, cool, yup i would be there too SMALLBLDGS so i also dont think is a bad idea that u get around the IaaC to meet other architecturewhores of BCN....

anyways, check yeah the COAC, and the Margarita Blue early evenings where (i hope they still) a lot of the people who works at EMBT hangs out for a drink after work (thats when they get to get out of the studio)

Jul 9, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
30Collective

THXS!

Jul 10, 08 7:54 am  · 
 · 

MAD: guess I'll see you there then!

Jul 10, 08 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

fo' sure

Jul 11, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
finB

i'll be int LAN workshop as well. see you guys there!

Jul 14, 08 3:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: