Archinect
anchor

A tool to share work-What think you?

spitz

Architects and Enthusiasts,

I'm a Stanford student, and have been working on a team to create a simple and sweet way of sharing documents and projects, and getting feedback.

We just launched www.getbackboard.com and I'd love to see what the architecture community thinks of the site.

This community is certainly one that I'd like to impress,(or at least get feedback from), so please let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Phil

Jul 1, 08 4:34 pm

is that all it does share documents and projects with getting feedback? If that's the case add it to the list of a dozen or so other

Jul 1, 08 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
binary

might want to tweek that template layout a bit....... looks like a computer tech site.......

Jul 1, 08 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

hmmm may i suggest google documents? you can create documents and share it with other people to discuss....

Jul 1, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
spitz

The difference between us and google docs is that we allow uploading Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WPD, ODT, ODP, ODS, RTF, Text and PDF), images (GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP and PSD), web pages or other URLs, and free-form text.

Say you have a concept or drawing you want to share with a team or clients--we make it very easy for you and your feedback givers.

We're going for high simplicity and ease of use. More bells and whistles are on their way in future releases.

Jul 1, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

If the file formats listed above is all you support, I would probably not bother to use such a service. You lack some key architectural formats, and I probably wouldn't convert to PDFs for the sake of using the service.

Jul 3, 08 9:20 am  · 
 · 
StuntPilot

have you looked at Autodesk's Freewheel ?

Jul 3, 08 10:50 am  · 
 · 

what is the file limit? Seems like the perfect hack would be to share extrmely large files across the internet. Hmmm there you go

Jul 3, 08 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
spitz

The file upload limit to for the free service is 5mb. When we release our premium version, the limit will be significantly higher.

StuntPilot, thanks for letting me know about freewheel, it Looks like a great program for architects, with great architecture-file capabilities. I do assume there are times when architects just want to share a picture or document with their clients or colleagues, which our site does easily and well.

More on how we're different from something like Google docs: we keep one person as the document owner, rather than it being a group-owned document. Also, users don't need an account to create a backboard or to comment on one.

architechnophilia-what kind of functionality would you like to see? We're currently exploring enhanced commenting capabilities, so something along those lines?

Thanks.

Jul 3, 08 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
spitz

Also, what kind of files would you be interested in uploading?

Jul 3, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
binary

gif's of dancing bananas

Jul 3, 08 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
spitz

Please, that's our specialty :)

Jul 3, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: