Archinect
anchor

Architect from India

rogers21

Hi,

I am an architect ( B.Arch ) from India, Mumbai with a work experience of 7 years. Here in Austin, Texas on B1/B2 visa at my brother's place. Is there any chance of me getting a job in architecture or interiors in USA ? If not permanent, may be for some period of time.

Please, require feed back as soon as possible.

Thanks..

Jul 13, 13 6:17 pm
gruen
Sure. Go apply for a job.
Jul 13, 13 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Ha, do you think that when a lot of US graduates (and a lot of them with masters degrees and experience) are unemployed, you could get a job?

Unless you have a connection, like a friend or family member in the business its near impossible.

Jul 13, 13 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Are you kidding - I work at an office in Santa Clara that is mostly Indian - both the CEO and COO are Indian as well - you want a job - we are hiring

Jul 14, 13 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
rogers21

@Xenakis could you just let me the firm which you are talking at Santa Clara ?

Would be glad for the feed back..

Thanks

Jul 14, 13 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
rogers21

@gruen thanks.. I do have applied in many firms but they don't get back to me because of B1/B2 visa status.. But would be glad if I could find one to get some international experience.

Jul 14, 13 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

rogers, even if it is a firm with a lot of Indians, just keep in mind that you cannot work (for money) on B1/B2 status. So, they'd have to file a H1 visa for you, unless you already have a Green Card. Thats where things get difficult. To file a H1 visa, the company has to REALLY like you/your credentials. In addition to this they have to essentially show that your job cannot be done by an american citizen. And there are significant legal charges too.

So, unless you are REALLY good and/or you are REALLY well connected, its very difficult.

Jul 14, 13 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
bindunarayan

Try applying for as many companies as possible, and test your luck. If you can prove your architectural abilities clearly to the employer, then there won't be any genuine reason for them to reject you. 

Jul 15, 13 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: