Archinect
anchor

Sending my resume...

kissy_face

I've got a quick question...
If you meet with people at a career fair and they give you their business card, is it ok to send your info to that person or should I still send it to the unnamed HR person?
Last winter I met 3 people from a firm I am interested in interning at this year (2 principals and an associate)and I don't know to whom to address my coverletter. Please help me out!

Sep 20, 04 9:41 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

send it to the principal, but do it in a way that will get the resume in front of the principal, because reception opens mail, if the principal then hands the resume to the hr person it will appear to hr that the principal has a personal interest in your resume...who the fuck am i kidding...

Sep 20, 04 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ormolu

If these people's cards have their emails on them then email them saying that you're interested in joining their firm and ask what advice they have on this. Ask if it would be best to forward your resume to them or directly to HR. If this is a fairly large firm you can also send a resume to the principal AND to HR - it's really no big deal to have more than one floating around the firm.

Sep 20, 04 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

go straight to the top, talk to the highest position possible, its the best bet for sure

Sep 20, 04 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: