Archinect
anchor

CONCACAF

dis is about football not soccer or any other failed definition. Who is going through who is staying home. Bounce di ball on her 'ead, foot, but don't touch it wid yer 'and! Dis is football!

Jun 23, 08 5:44 pm
xtbl

arriba el tri!

Jun 23, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

so now we're in stage 3 of the qualifying rounds.

CONCACAF qualifying Round Three groups:
Group 1
USA
Guatemala
Trinidad and Tobago
Cuba

Group 2
Mexico
Jamaica
Honduras
Canada

Group 3
Costa Rica
Suriname
El Salvador
Haiti

uh oh, techno!

let's hope both the reggae boyz and el tri are @ the top of their form and give us good football.

Jun 23, 08 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

I hope so too

Jun 23, 08 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 23, 08 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jayness

THERE IS NOT GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMS IN CONCACAF.

Jun 24, 08 9:59 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

Jay, i second you...even if it is, CONCACAF football will progress slower than other regions... lets take the "stringest teams" of the region, Mexico, USA and maybe Costa Rica..... gosh, how can they improve their level if they are only playing against: Haiti, Suriname, Honduras, Cuba, Guatemala, Trinidad y TObago, etc.?

anyway i think what they should do is to fusion the south american with concacaf, so uruguat, chile, argentina, brasil, etc., are the teams that actually concacaf "big ones" play against in the qualifiers.... that would be way better.... it is like if Germany had a qualifier against Bosnia, Montenegro, San Marino and Andorra, know what i mean???

i am Mexican but i really think ppl trips with "el tri"... i personally feel ashamed that a country with 100 million inhabitants can't produce a consistent team always of what is called their "national sport", not even the olimpic clasification, and dont blame the trainer cause who u have to blame is the ppl managing the federation, they need to learn this is done with time, look at "el sabio" the trainer of spain, he's quitting after the euro, and after 4 years, at the end he is delivering results taking spain into the euro finals, i dunno how they expect a team who barely plays 12 times together (if he actually calls the same players everytime) along the year, to be a winner team in 4 months, thats insane.... Croatians do better with 5 million inhabitants and a "less developed economy"....

its all about mentality also, and its very simple, also now w/the euro and stuff, i've been hearing everything from everyone, doesnt matter if they're spanish, dutch, french, etc, they're always like mexicans also say "we almost passed, we are the "almost there" team always, blah blah....

is simple football had always been won (ether we like it or not) by Germans, Italians, Argentinians and Brazilians, everyone else, is always an invited cinderella....

anyway i hope this doesnt hurt anyones football sensibility, is just what i think and i wanted to express my opinion to you my dear Archinecters

*note: i havent seen the video yet, but i wanted to give my opinion about CONCACAF

Jun 24, 08 11:42 am  · 
 · 

fair enough MAD and I guess your view is shared by FIFA that the process to getting to the finals is perhaps not helpful to the development of football. CONCACAF teams don't play each other as often as they should but I think there are good teams that as you said need to play better teams to be established. Now that you have CONCACAF players making up just over 10% of professional players in the UK and EU I believe we will see a difference. However it may take a generation to get there.

this thread is created in support of that effort. I will support the CONCACAF until they are all knocked out in the quarters/semis then my allegiance switches to Portugal and Brazil. (it used to be France but alas no Zizzy)

Jun 24, 08 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

To continue the controversy, personally, I have thought that the CONCACAF has one world cup spot too many, and South America should get it. It may be me wanting more chances for Colombia to make it, I mean the US and Mexico go every four years and we have been three times total. South America, objectively, has better teams and has almost as many spots, just not fair.

Jun 24, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

no argument here MAD and Q. i agree that concacaf is pretty weak overall.

concacaf has 3.5 slots. the .5 is for the playoff with conmebol.

Jun 24, 08 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

oh i thought the .5 was to give hope to get to the world cup to Haiti or Saint Vincent

:P

yeah anyways...as any other thing in this world FIFA should be runned by architects i guess.... hehehe

Jun 24, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 

6th September 2008 - Mexico versus Jamaica - should entertaining.

Nonetheless if those teams further up on the table would be willing to play the lower teams perhaps - just perhaps the development of football would be as global forth-coming as it should be.

Jun 24, 08 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: