Archinect
anchor

Rendering help if you can

s=r*(theta)

i was using sketchup pro 7, when i was having trouble with the kerkythea exporter plugin so i thought maybe i should just uninstall sketchup and reinstall, Bad idea!!!! now i have this wack sketchup make. in the process of trying again to export from sketchup, i realized this version of sketchup doesn't allow you to use ANY plugins!!!!! so now i cant use artlantis, kerkythea or renditioner!!! so now i am kind of stuck! i wanted to have a pleasant rendering come monday morning & not this sketchup cartoony looking model. does any one have any suggestions????

i have already tried saving as a 3ds file but i cant get lights and scenes in ither kerkythea or artlantis. i tried to export an all white with edges jpg and go to work in gimp, but that looks like garbage. & i dont want to shell out $600 for pro 13

Jul 6, 13 6:32 pm
( o Y o )

Ma pointe de crayon cassé pendant que je dessinais, mais j'ai pu affûter elle - catastrophe évitée.

Jul 6, 13 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

can you download and install the 'pro' trial version of sketchup?  you get 8 full hours of unlimited use.  so install it and then install your render plugins.

it used to be, you could have a copy of the free version and the 'pro trial' version loaded on you system at the same time.  do all of your work in the free version and then open in the pro trial for rendering.  you should be able to install your plugins. 

not a long term solution, but it should get you through till your monday morning presentation.

you can also try saving out the file to 3ds or obj and then opening and rendering in blender with their new cycles render engine.

Jul 6, 13 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist
Why do you need to have the pro version?
Jul 7, 13 3:12 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

@thecyclist

plugins dont work in the make version.

@jamangenelli

GREAT IDEA!!!! Will def try & post update

Jul 7, 13 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

any luck?

Jul 7, 13 5:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: