Archinect
anchor

Two Questions

Gmatc

I'm thinking of becoming an architect and am wondering what the math/structures taught and used are like.  Secondly, I need a program that's easiest to go from my head to the screen.

Jul 4, 13 10:01 pm

Structures will likely start with some fundamental physics and trig, and build up gradually from there.  I've found a lot of points are lost on definitions and concepts, while people generally understand the mathematics.  (that'd be "taught")

As for a program to get things from your head to a screen... that'll be subjective.  I'm a fan of Rhino, but I'm a bigger fan of a pencil and paper.

Jul 4, 13 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist
I'd say the first practical step to get your ideas to a screen is a pencil and paper.
Jul 4, 13 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
In addition to Newtonian mechanics and trig it is good to have some classes in calculus. Not necessary to do the work, but helps with the structural concepts. Of course you will need a grounding in geometry as well.
Jul 6, 13 11:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: