Archinect
anchor

The Brooklyn Waterfront

RoBBie

In am currently enrolled at New York Institute of technology. I am working on a competiton for the brooklynn waterfront. I need a couple of precedents....any of you welll educated graduates help me out with a waterfront urban design proposals. Thanks

Sep 19, 04 9:49 pm
silverlake

isamu noguchi's hart plaza in detroit is a good example.

Sep 20, 04 12:01 am  · 
 · 
archiTEKE

Hey its about time someone from NYIT found this site. Its great!
I am working on the same project on the CI campus. I went to the Netherlands this past summer and visited Borneo and Sporenberg, which is two old shipping piers turned into housing by West 8. Im not a grad. but I think this might be useful.

Sep 20, 04 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
JG

Where is the site this time, redhook or greenpoint?

Sep 20, 04 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
JA|||ES

Hey Im from Tech. (Im currently doing my Thesis) Ive been on this site for over a year now. Where have you guys been? Anyhow, This brooklyn waterfront is Des. 5 ??? Who is your professor? What is the program, housing, cultural center????

Sep 20, 04 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
archiTEKE

hey is that you scoot? mabee not the last scoot i knew at tech was doing his thesis 2 years ago in CI--this program is The GREENWAY (landscape design??? ) and pretty much what ever program that you feel is necessary to make the greenway accessable to the brooklyn public. The main site for us is the redhook area.

Sep 20, 04 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: