Archinect
anchor

what's wrong My USB drive can't play in my PC?

chrissai

Guys 'n' Gals,

A month or so ago I tried to plug my Sumvision Flash Drive drive into my PC (XP SP2) to download some photos. The USB pen said it was being charged but the PC seems to have no inkling that it's connected. I can't force it to pick it up when it can't see anything there at all. I've not been able to connect it to the PC since.
Can anyone suggest what might (not) be happening?Is it infected some dangerous virus?

Thanks,all
--
chris

Jun 13, 08 3:46 am
zoolander

Buy a new one. Support our economy.

Jun 13, 08 6:27 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i'd keep the flash drive and try replacing the computer, that may solve it.

Jun 13, 08 8:05 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This is a long shot, but if you have two USB ports try plugging the flash into the other one.

Jun 13, 08 9:25 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i always push mine in and pull it out about six times before i get the "bing bong" and it opens up the browser window. some are just finicky like that.

Jun 13, 08 9:31 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

happens to me all the time ... since you're using Windows XP, try this:

plug your flash drive into a vacant USB port
<control panel>
<administrative tools>
<computer management>
<storage>
<disk management>
<action>
<rescan disks>

does your flash drive show up on the list of drives?

if so -- it's likely to have been assigned a drive designation already in use by another drive.

right click on the flash drive ... click on "change drive letter and path" ... then assign the flash drive a drive letter that's not already in use on your computer.

hope this helps ... good luck

Jun 13, 08 9:54 am  · 
 · 
jitter12

I would also check if there is a drive letter conflict. I know that I have had that problem in the past with multiple drives trying to take the same letter. It doesn't always just assign a new letter. If you check out you disk management under the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, you may find that your thumb drive is there, but is assigned the same drive letter as another drive. A simple right click, and changing the letter to an open one, and the thumb drive may show up. Just a thought.

Jun 14, 08 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

USB drives go corrupt very easily if they've been pulled out without ejecting properly.

Jun 14, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

jafidler >i always push mine in and pull it out about six times before i get the "bing bong"

haha, i think i do last longer than u!

Jun 14, 08 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

really? do things in general go corrupt very easily if they've been pulled out without ejecting properly??

i'm very worry!

funny thread!

Jun 14, 08 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
induct

What quizzical said.

Jun 15, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

aspect, i'm glad someone appreciated that.

Jun 16, 08 8:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: