Archinect
anchor

PLZ HELP! What's the best way to learn Maya?

tman

Im going to start learning Maya and appreciate any helpful tips on how to learn the program. Should i...

Take a class? Constantly bother others that know? Learn myself? Any helpful books to reference to?

Sep 19, 04 9:12 pm
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

http://www.gnomon3d.com/

is the best there is right now and you can get the DVD's on EBAY for cheap.

Take a class if your University offers it.

There are books on it all over the place just look!

AND don't bother people with newbie Maya questions that can be easily looked up.

Sep 20, 04 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

CHAT: #maya on EFNET (limit your newbie questions, sometimes is just good to listen)

Gnomon and Digital Tutors have nice Maya videos.

Check www.proeditor.net for their "release" date.

Oct 8, 04 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
allcaps

I second the gnomon path -- in lieu of class, if not available.

I just got some of their car design DVD's. They know how to put together an at-home class.

Oct 10, 04 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Hey Steve,

I just checked out proeditor webiste and it reminded me of isonews.com. Where can you get the cd-rips that are listed on the site? Where do you go to get the latest Graphix Rips and Tutorials for Maya?

BTW if you do go to #maya on EFNET try to structure you question so that you don't look like a newbie. One, they might ignore you, and two they will probably rip into you.

Oct 11, 04 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: