Archinect
anchor

Eisenman re: computation and form

"computation must be used for form-making as opposed to form finding" 

On the opening day of Archaeology of the Digital, curator Greg Lynn discussed digital technology with Peter Eisenman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKCrepgOix4&feature=youtu.be

he later goes on to discuss the metaphysics of presence and "making voids positive", which is something only architecture can do...

Jun 24, 13 9:21 pm

the discussion re: "doink, doink, doink" and "swwwshhh" as a language of criticism, is odd. but sort of makes sense i suppose,

Jun 24, 13 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

its interesting, onomatopoeic architecture, huh? well, at least onomatopoeic at a second or third stage of signification.

anyway, thats descriptive and not critical (you say language of "criticism").

but why do you bring this up, Nam?

Jun 25, 13 7:20 am  · 
 · 

tammuz i brought it up simply to share a lecture/discussion i found interesting and thought other's might

re: the language of "criticism" and Eisenman's use of onomatopœia I suppose it is more descriptive in that he uses those sounds to describe the feeling (?) of the architecture he prefers. However it is also used within the context of a critique re: smoothness or a lack thereof, and Eisenman's preference for one over the other.

But not theoretically critical i guess.

Jun 25, 13 8:01 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Jun 25, 13 8:39 am  · 
 · 

@won is that a screengrab?

Jun 25, 13 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: