Archinect
anchor

Careers/Jobs in Architecture and Engineering (and related) fields

mdivelbiss

I'm currently a student working towards a BS of Architecture and a minor in [some sort of] Engineering. What career options are available in both the architecture and engineering fields that allow one to be creative and design, but technical at the same time without being an architect. (I include 'without being an architect' because I feel that architects' projects go through so many alterations and such that the final result is no where near the original intent of the structure).

May 31, 08 12:21 pm
med.

You know that most of us aren't going to recomend engineering.

I know a friend and classmate in grad school who did engineering in both undergrad and grad, and then did architecture. He works in an engineering firm now and doesn't do anything related to architecture.

May 31, 08 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Islamic Architecture would be great if it didn't have Dunken Donuts adds all over it with Rachel Ray sporting the Terror Scarf.

What were they thinking???

May 31, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Oops, wrong thread. Oh well. I was being sarcastic anyway.

May 31, 08 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
facader

I did architecture as undergrad and am going back for an engineering masters, based on my time working at firms that fit your exact profile. Many facade consultants fit this profile, especially ones like Front, that tackle both ends of design. It doesn't have to be one or the other as GWB paints it. And I actually would recommend engineering over architecture, atleast in my experiences, and if you found the right firm. Power to you.

Jun 3, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: