Archinect
anchor

Explicit History in Rhino Tutorial

Antisthenes
http://designreform.net/2008/05/29/rhino-tower-massing-with-explicit-and-implicit-history/#more-273

i really like what i see in this tutorial and the possibilities that exist

May 30, 08 6:16 pm
Antisthenes

tutorials by David Fano at SHoP architects in NY

May 30, 08 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Nice tutorial, but he's doing a lot of things the long way in rhino... his frequent use of the popup and his lack of knowledge of loft shows this clearly, but again, maybe I've been using it way too much lately..

May 31, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Take that back... completely. This is pretty awesome... would have come in really handy for my last two projects. For all those who care, the plugin is available for free here:

http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/ExplicitHistoryPluginMainPage.html

May 31, 08 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
induct

That is sweet

Jun 1, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

very cool...already seeing what is possible...playing with this and paracloud over the summer.

Jun 1, 08 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
induct

Can't wait to get Paracloud. Looks fun

Jun 2, 08 2:16 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i don't know of any BIM that can really compete with this very direct full control outside the box approach.

Jun 2, 08 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
induct

Yeah, the more I look at it the more fun it is. Good product. Might have to sub it and Paracloud for DP, seems like students would like it more.

Jun 2, 08 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

Rhino is really the best student price and best student license too.

if a school can get it on unlimited # ofPC's for 800$ and students can get it for 140$ (full commercial lic. to take to work with them like i have)

Rhino really helps with an advanced understand of geometry, something you would never be really exposed to with polymesh only based applications.

Have you seen the movie 'The Take' where in Argentina worker owned companies exist? When the workers own something it always seems to out perform stuff done by sweatshop programing labor.

Jun 3, 08 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

Hey Antisthenes are you pushing Rhino or something, are you on their payroll, no matter which thread... in the end you have to mention that Rhino this and that. Why is there no Rhino Central here on archinect for all the rhino related issues by the way. No offence, just wandering. Oh and I love rhino too, they are the best WOOHOO.

Jun 3, 08 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

Ivo: If you havent heard Rhino is better than slice bread

excited about this plug in. I was going to learn GC just to get a grip on parametric modeling but I swear by Rhino.
So is how does explcit history compare to GC and DP? does it also update stright to your 2D drawings?

Also, does it run very heavy taxing my RAM even more

Jun 10, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

no, i just like their philosophy and being a beta tester since the beginning, if it has given me much then it can't hurt to promote it to give other people the experience with the great tool that i have had/am having, huh?

Rhino Central, sounds good to me, make it so!

Jun 10, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

i think you would want ArchCut The Thriller in Manila to turn what paracloud would make into 2d stuffs

http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/ArchCut.html

Jun 10, 08 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
The Thriller in Manila

Thanks Antisthenes...but when I make a change in the 3D model would the 2D drawings update, the same way as DP?

Jun 10, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: