Archinect
anchor

What kind of chair do you have?

NSJ

I'm need to replace this cheap ass stool I'm using and replace it with a cushy desk chair. Anyone have a recommendation? Aeron? Something as good but cheaper?

Sep 18, 04 9:22 am
trace™

The Aeron chair. I've yet to find anything that can compare.

Sep 18, 04 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

They make a cheaper version, too, but I've never sat in one. I love my aeron and think it's been worth every cent.

Sep 18, 04 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
sahar

Steelcase's Think chair. Aeron is definitely not the best out there. I think it is my least favorite of the high end chairs.

Sep 18, 04 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
J3

Although I currently am sitting in an Aeron, I do not like it (although it's lightyears away from the piece of sh!t std. issue at the office). It all depends on your weight/height/posture... etc. personally I like the Allsteel #19 chair, or the Freedom chair by Humanscale. Herman miller (in DC) is currently offering the Mirra chair to Arch./designers for 250+ depending on your options. My suggestion is (if you are in the professional side(if you are a student, check with your school/friends) drop by the showrooms, try the different chairs out and see what kind of professional discount you can get (typically 50-67% off list)

Sep 18, 04 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
J3

Although I currently am sitting in an Aeron, I do not like it (although it's lightyears away from the piece of sh!t std. issue at the office). It all depends on your weight/height/posture... etc. personally I like the Allsteel #19 chair, or the Freedom chair by Humanscale. Herman miller (in DC) is currently offering the Mirra chair to Arch./designers for 250+ depending on your options. My suggestion is (if you are in the professional side(if you are a student, check with your school/friends) drop by the showrooms, try the different chairs out and see what kind of professional discount you can get (typically 50-67% off list)

Sep 18, 04 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
tman

some crap dorm chair that's one of those rocking-chair-ish things where you can only lean back on. It certainly does not rock. Also it has these high arm rests that i constantly bump my funny bone on.

Sep 19, 04 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
hoodlam

aeron chair and its great

Sep 19, 04 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: