Rosey

how much do architects get paid each year

May 22, 08 12:39 pm
Sarah Hamilton

Not doing your homework anymore.

May 22, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

I can't legally disclose how much I get paid, but it's a lot. architect's make a lot of money. I'm so rich. In fact one of the non-pros of architecture is I just don't know how to spend it all, other then using it to keep my second mistress quiet about my first mistress quiet to my wife.

Now pardon me while I go scoff at some middle class people and burn some 'hundos just to entertain myself.

May 22, 08 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

and it's so easy to get rich too!

i'm only 2 years out of school and i've already cleared my first million.

May 22, 08 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

Rosey, im sorry

but we're voting you off the island

May 22, 08 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

legally, architects can only be paid every other year (odd years only so it doesn't conflict with the federal election cycle), and it varies so that's a difficult question to answer.
all projects take over one year anyway so you'll always be paid, but the nice this is that we can collect interest during the preceding year.
still though, taxes are due each year.

· 
****melt

Rosey - You really need to call your local AIA office and talk to them about. They'll be able to answer most of these questions and many more you may/will have.

· 
xtbl

and just so i don't come across as a complete dick...

<-------click the red button that says salary poll above the little t-shirts

May 22, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

man, you guys suck. i'm one of these starving artist architects. i set up camp outside my office in a cardboard box three weeks ago. i burn leaflets to maintain my bodily warmth in the winter and scavenge for seeds to keep myself from going blind with hunger. occasionally i've been known to rend a squirrel for protein.

May 22, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

jafidler, are you that homeless guy that found the WTC plans?

May 22, 08 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

jafidler, while normally I don't acknowledge the lowest tier (or even admit it actually exists), and since architects always band together, I have pity on your situation and am willing to pay you a sixpence per month to clean the bottom of my mouse every 15 minutes so that my $700,000 diamond encrusted Prada laser mouse meets no resistance while gliding over my $60,000 custom made Louis Vuitton mouse pad.

However, you are not allowed to touch anything else or make direct eye contact with me.

May 22, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

why does everything have to be about money are you unitedstatesian?

May 22, 08 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

i personally prefer working for free

getting paid is for sucka's

May 22, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i get paid in ass

May 22, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
xpro
May 22, 08 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

architects get paid?

May 22, 08 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Just become an interior designer. We have better hours and get to play with pretty finishes all day.

May 22, 08 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Tuna, you're an Int Des? I knew there was something funny about you!

Although, with those int. reps., I wouldn't have gotten free lunch today.

May 22, 08 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

i cant wait for my free lunch tomorrow from an interior rep
they always spring for the good stuff
arch reps are cheap

May 22, 08 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

i cant wait for my free lunch tomorrow from an interior rep
they always spring for the good stuff
arch reps are cheap

May 22, 08 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

aha xpro. Listen, i'm still in school and I'm making a fortune.

May 22, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
lizok

I get extra work if I work extra well. This totally makes up for the fact that I practically live at the studio.

May 22, 08 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

architects get laid isn't that enough? watch out for the money grubbers

May 22, 08 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I'm salaried, but with the hours I've been working lately, if you take my salary divided by my hours, I'm pulling in about $16-$18 an hour (a management position). Good thing I don't have any evenings and weekends where I want to go out and spend money. Put $16 an hour in your paper, and site "The Internet" for your source. Cheers!

May 22, 08 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

im with you strawbeary...

im making prolly 17$ an hour... before taxes....wohoo!!!! im not a "management position" but im a few notches above the proverbial "intern"... im just lucky chicago isnt THAT expensive so i can live relatively comfortably, paying all my bills and debts... with a couple hundred extra bucks a month to put in savings................

May 22, 08 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Mwahahahaha - indeed SH I am. Funny thing is though, in the four years since I've graduated I'm just NOW working on my first official interiors project. I've been doing more CAD and "architectural" work since I graduated.

Marmkid - I thought that's why interior designers do what they do... to get free lunch from the reps. ;o)

May 22, 08 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Do you want to know how much I'd make if I got time and a half $ for all those extra hours? You can put it in your report.

May 22, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
weem_of_crete

OMG architecure is so cool. I totally want to be an architect now. They get to wear those little round glasses that are soo cute.

May 23, 08 1:30 am  · 
 · 
randomized

Rosey "i have alot of question so can you please help me out"

and the only question you come up with is about money?????

where are the other questions? or did you leave the forum with your tail between your legs after such harsh responses. At least you learned that architects can be arrogant bastards!

May 23, 08 10:12 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ivo, did you not notice that this was her THIRD post, and we helped her out on the first two.

May 23, 08 10:20 am  · 
 · 
randomized

no I didn't...but the arrogant bastard part still stands, apparently

May 24, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it's funny that this is asked despite the "salary poll" feature...

May 25, 08 2:23 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Hey Rosie....you want to help me figure out the nailing pattern for engingeered lumber and sheathing for 120 mph wind gust in an Exposure B location? Then I will tell you how much I make.

May 25, 08 10:10 am  · 
 · 
Orphan

nailing patterns are so overrated just use some zap-a-gap

May 25, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

I also have a lot of questions ...

May 25, 08 10:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: