Archinect
anchor

please suggest me a good name for an Architectural design firm

anonitect

You definitely want to go with a 3 letter name - OMA, SOM, HGA, HOK, and on and on. Doesn't really need to mean anything - founder's names, design philosophy, whatever - if you stick to 3 letters, you'll sound like a pro.

May 31, 16 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

FML and associates 

May 31, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Mr. Brady's House of Houses*

*where malpractice lawsuits are rapidly becoming a thing of the past!

May 31, 16 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

Hoark!

A portmanteau to honor a famous "architect."

May 31, 16 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Hank Floyd Mite.

Fleas InDerRobe
Jun 2, 16 9:16 am  · 
 · 

Hork Dawdling

Jun 2, 16 9:27 am  · 
 · 
x intern
Artifice
Jun 2, 16 10:31 am  · 
 · 
ArzathParwez

Please suggest me a good name for a "Young Architectural design firm"

It must be in four letter words and resemble with multitasking projects.

Jun 3, 16 5:22 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

"42"

-the answer to life the universe and everything

Jun 3, 16 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

But the question will always elude you...

Scratch a "research based" practice.

Jun 3, 16 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Mansplainers

Jun 3, 16 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

alzaprima

Jun 3, 16 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

Mansplainers Architects, PC. Yes. This will be the name of my new firm. Perfect, Olaf.

Jun 3, 16 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Donna Sink,

I'd be more than willing to do collaborative work with you. It all depends on project logistics, legal mumble jumbo, etc.

Jun 3, 16 2:26 pm  · 
 · 

Pretty sure Donna doesn't need you to mess up life safety requirements and misinterpret code while claiming to be part of a project you had nothing to do with, Rick.

I kind of want to find someone with the last initials of D and C so that I can do Arch DMC. Those with D and C last names, it's tricky, but walk this way. No sucker MCs though.

Jun 3, 16 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Josh,

Yet, you guys misinterpreted code or applying codes that don't apply. Since officially, the building official is the one with the legal responsibility of interpreting the building codes. Architects aren't always right and if they aren't the BCO, they aren't the ones in charge. We can argue codes with the code official all day long but ultimately the building official makes the judgment on the code interpretation. If you feel that you want to go to a higher standard than the BCO is requiring than go for it but you have to explain to the client why the client is shelling out another $25K because you wanted to design to a higher standard. That's your problem.

Jun 3, 16 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Jun 3, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

for all you sucka MC's desiging lofts

Your details cold whack and keep the client cold lost

You're the kind of architect that museums ignore

I'm draftin and cadding, while still you using a board...

Jun 3, 16 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Archisplainers.

Jun 3, 16 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

As if on cue and with absolutely no sense of irony, Balkins comes along to mansplain how building codes work.

Jun 3, 16 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Mumble Jumbo Architecture.

Jun 3, 16 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

"you guys misinterpreted code or applying codes that don't apply."  

BALKINS, REMEMBER THE ASOC THEATER?  NOW PLEASE STFU.

Jun 3, 16 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah I do. Also, it was 8-9 YEARS ago. 

Jun 3, 16 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ Weren't you leaving, never to return?

Jun 3, 16 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

You know. The more you guys want to play that b.s., the more I am not even going to do that ought of direct and INTENTIONAL spite.

Jun 3, 16 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

So correct me if I'm wrong, but even with the headaches that your posts cause you and your repeated vows to leave - you want to stay to make a bunch of strangers angry? Logical. 

Jun 3, 16 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Aside from slight technical wrongs. You sum it up somewhat. I had said quite clearly what I meant. Why should I leave because of these strangers? They can go stuff their opinions up their asses. If they are assholes, I'll treat them as such. If they are friendly and civil then I'll treat them accordingly in a friendly and civil manner.

Jun 3, 16 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

Rick ask yourself what you really get out of posting here, other than some odd satisfaction with annoying people?  What are you accomplishing?  If anything you're scaring away any future clients.

Anyway just this morning you said you were now focusing all your attention on drumming up residential clients in Scandinavia.  Every minute spent here is a potential missed opportunity in Sweden.

Josh I have a D or C last name.  Seems like a good enough reason to firm a partnership.

Jun 3, 16 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

rick, you're like the nigerian prince hustler of architecture.  

imagine, you're sitting in your kitchen eating reindeer sausage on a snowy Sweedish morning and decide to check your email. 

"Hello, my name is Richard WC Balkins, PBD, AIBD, Esq, Software Engineer,

I am located in Astoria, Oregon, United States of America.  I am offering exempt building design services in your area.  If you wish to engage me in services please call, +1 (503) 555-5555, PST GMT-8.  Please feel free to visit my Houzz page.  I have no projects on it.  For further information contact my reference, ASOC Theater, Astoria Oregon or Lisa at the Astoria Building Department."  

Jun 3, 16 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

eeayeeayo,

Perhaps, you bring a point about not spending my time here annoying people but the forum is a resource for more than that. Even if I don't make so much posts about it, there is still good insightful thoughts. I do use the forum from that end. 

There are reasons I do use the forum besides annoying people on this forum.

Jun 3, 16 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Oh we're doing this again.

Jun 3, 16 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

no_form,

It would be a little more simpler than that. 

Jun 3, 16 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

so basically you're going to SPAM Scandinavia.  brilliant move.  you do realize that college is free in sweden?  most people know that "more simpler" is not grammatically correct.  

Jun 3, 16 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

How Scandanavian of Me Design

Holla' Valhalla Studios

Fear the Mjoliner and Associates

Jun 3, 16 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Olaf, I didn't even see that you had already put Mansplainers on the list... are we on to something here?

Jun 3, 16 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The Passive-Aggressive Design Studio

Jun 3, 16 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Donna check with Marc though, I think he has copyright dibs on "Mansplain" and all forms of its use in marketing. only beta got approval to meme it so far......PE PE - Peter Enemy Public Eisenman (not Professional Engineers)

Jun 3, 16 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

More-Simpler Designs, LLC.

Jun 3, 16 6:52 pm  · 
 · 

Olaf, you'll be hearing from my bartender- errr - barrister for infringement... 

Jun 3, 16 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

damn barristers....how about Splainers?

Jun 3, 16 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Forget both. Stick with the bartender. Which made me think of another name-

"Dirty, Dry and Neat"

Jun 3, 16 7:16 pm  · 
 · 

Holla' Valhalla is brilliant.

Jun 3, 16 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Donna, I think anything with Holla' is gonna be pretty good. 

Jun 3, 16 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Wimin Wirk Fir Less

Jun 3, 16 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Ink and Dink, Inc.

Jun 3, 16 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Pretty Hate Machine.

Jun 3, 16 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Fun Undone.

Jun 3, 16 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Consulting Moms for Architects

Jun 3, 16 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Exempt From Thought, Inc.
Jun 3, 16 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Olaf, good idea, I think more than a few architects would hire a mom as a consultant. "Here's your whisky and lunch, don't forget you have an appointment with the building department at 4."

Jun 3, 16 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: