Archinect
anchor

which job experience will matter more???

kadam-patil

did civil engineering and got job offer from 2 companies one is a structural engineering consultancy firm and other is Indian railways as a site engineer ,i m interested in applying for march 1 ,what should i think ??do a L.O.R  from a chartered engineer is considered  in high standards???

Jun 10, 13 10:40 am
thakopian

This sounds like an Indian situation. I don't know what is expected over there but if you really want to do Architecture then take structural job. A site engineer wouldn't hurt in the early part of your career. Might make you more qualified to manage and do important work. Think about what kind of field of work you want to do as an Architect and then think about which position is more suitable to get you there.

Don't rush out of these things. If you have a shot at either job then stick around for a while, maybe 2 years or more. That will get the attention of a Master's program or a future employer. If you want to work/study abroad then the more experience the better. Otherwise you'll end up as a highly qualified student and those are a dime a dozen these days.

Jun 11, 13 12:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: