Archinect
anchor

Strip Search Wednesdays? At work? Not sure if this is weird…

linton

Is it weird? Not sure if this is weird or not. I'm just out of school and landed this terrific job at a really great engineering firm. Thing is, though, they've got this "strip-search Wednesdays" policy that they say is for security, which I totally get. I mean, stuff has gotten crazy lately, am I right? Like, terrorism and dangerous stuff everywhere so we need to be extra cautious and everything. So that's what it's for, the strip search thing, I mean. They're trying to make a nice safe work environment for everyone which is cool. It's not so bad because they try to make it fun by bringing  in donuts and stuff to go with the strip searches. You can totally eat a jelly donut and get searched at the same time, they don't even have a problem with that. Cool firm. Nice pastries. Anyway, it only takes a couple of minutes and they wear rubber gloves and everything so no germs to worry about. Maybe I'm just complaining too much. Dunno. Is it weird? Curious to know if other firms have this policy?!

Jun 6, 13 1:51 am
observant

I have no clue.  You will have to do research to find out.

The only thing that went through my head is that they do high-security projects or deal with overly sensitive issues.

I'm sorry, but tasty jelly donuts AND strip searches in the same sentence is kind of kinky.

Jun 6, 13 2:03 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

why only wednesdays?  aren't other days important? bake a  pie for the strip search next time and enact that scene from American Pie

Jun 6, 13 5:06 am  · 
 · 
Rang

They're only violating your freedoms to protect your freedoms.  What don't you understand?

Jun 6, 13 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Die Scheiße

Not weird at all. I've been trying to initiate a similar program at our office.

I'll swear those ID interns we just hired are a threat to company security.

Jun 6, 13 10:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is only okay if they are bringing in Cronuts.

Jun 6, 13 10:31 am  · 
 · 

No one calls in sick on cavity search fridays.

Jun 6, 13 11:42 am  · 
 · 
citizen

This is not a true story.

Jun 6, 13 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
observant

^

And we're 2 months and 5 days past April Fools Day.

Jun 6, 13 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

Hump day?

Jun 6, 13 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

is that a scale in your pants, or are you just happy to be working here...

Jun 6, 13 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

what's the point if everyone knows a search is coming?

Jun 6, 13 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
linton

Wow. Amazing. A bunch of you really caught on. Good work, very clever.

Jun 8, 13 1:21 am  · 
 · 
citizen

This is almost as good as the "start = end of the internet" thread.  Keep 'em coming!

Jun 8, 13 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

If we only knew how many Autocad Programs walked from Offices....we might want to instigate  random searches. 

Jun 9, 13 9:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: