Archinect
anchor

Non-Standard Architecture MIT Conference

juan moment

Does anybody know if any seats are still available for the conference? I sent my reservation request yesterday but haven't heard anything from MIT. If the seats are filled are there other places in the building you can see the show.

Sep 16, 04 10:19 pm
Mason White

i like how you call it 'the show'. somehow appropriate.

is it really called 'non-standard architecture'? they really are getting desperate to proclaim the newness of the NEW that they decided to be tricky and use a different name for new ... non-standard. that is hilarious.

Sep 16, 04 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
juan moment

Here is the link:

http://architecture.mit.edu/project/nsp/

Sep 17, 04 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

responses to supermodernism are varied, both retro and future. this conference "showcases" continuing the push of modernization in a forward direction. i am registered but am probably unable to attend. if anyone attends, please report back to this thread.

Sep 17, 04 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

responses to supermodernism are varied, both retro and future. this conference "showcases" continuing the push of modernization in a forward direction. i am registered but am probably unable to attend. if anyone attends, please report back to this thread.

Sep 17, 04 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

apparently the main auditorium have been filled since last week. not sure if there are seats available in the other 3 auditorium.

Sep 18, 04 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
RNNR

...Non-Standard Praxis actually... from my understanding it has less to do with gratuitous flaunting of "new" architecture, but rather "The conference looks to establishing the tenets of a radically revised architectural praxis mandated by digital technologies" (see website). but of course with the presence of such digital untouchables as Greg Lynn and Asymptote, there probably will be plenty of self-promotion and showboating. I digress...

Sep 19, 04 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
Helsinki

Yes, and what is mr Sotamaa doing there as a speaker? I have a hard time figuring out what he might have to say to the audience... Creating a practice by blowing hot air in a freeform balloon isn't exactly new... (or inflating oneself with the same. not new either.)

Sep 19, 04 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
cosmoe32

The main auditorium is filled for students. However, they are offering spaces to get in at the academic rate ($50.-). My theory- you don't have to pay up front, so, there is probably way more people that reserved then are actually going to show up...I would just go and take your chances- they're probably pretty good that you'll get in...

Sep 20, 04 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: