Archinect
anchor

Academia Block!

I am a guy currently in my last year of Bachelors in Architecture with the same old dilemma. What should I do my Masters in?

As far as my likes are concerned, I am a believer of sustainability in architecture and as whole, passive processes, energy efficiency, their evaluation while designing and all aspects concerned with sustainable architecture.

As far as my intentions are concerned, I believe that most architects put to use processes, systems and products already in existence and don't give to the field much in terms of research and development. I would most definitely like to research new sustainable materials and processes.

Please feel free to provide inputs (without trying much to ridicule my Utopian intentions of course!) and also send queries if you need more to arrive at an advice for me.

May 31, 13 7:40 pm
JayCon

personally, if I had the option of going after any degree for my Masters, I would probably do it in Business Administration.  Sustainability is something that you can take while reaching for your continuing education credits.  It's fairly new and I imagine there are free seminars just about everywhere, sponsored by companies looking to break in the construction industry with their new technologies

Jun 3, 13 10:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: