archisuits

as seen on curbed

Archisuits by sarah ross from 2005 & 2006

Bench

Metro

library

fence

and who is Sarah Ross you ask?

Sarah Ross is a conceptual artist whose works focus on myths of health, safety and cleanliness that surface in the physical and visual structures of everyday spaces. She teaches at various institutions including Illinois State University and an Illinois state prison, and works with C-U Books to Prisoners, and Education Beyond Bars, an initiative to provide higher education in Illinois prisons. Ross is the recipient of a grant from the University of California Institute for Research in the Arts and the Illinois Arts Council Fellowship. She has exhibited work in Los Angeles, New York, Baltimore, Chicago, Portland, Denmark and Romania.

Apr 16, 08 10:17 pm
holz.box

she's obviously not too worried about health, those don't work well to keep proper alignment of the spine and could lead towards injury and fatigue!

Apr 16, 08 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

I'd like to see them actually walk...

Apr 17, 08 12:39 am  · 
 · 
citrus.grey
Apr 17, 08 12:57 am  · 
 · 
1deviantC

haha, that is ingenious....and hilarious at the same time

Apr 17, 08 1:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I love these!

Apr 17, 08 1:53 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i agree with holz.box that the alignments are off

this stuff looks more like something one of my classmates would have done during an undergrad design studio than the work of professional artist

Apr 17, 08 8:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: