Archinect
anchor

Can i give my Boss this.....?

s=r*(theta)

My current employer is a real "Richard" in every sense of the word! Because I am prisoner of my respect for authority (but a greater respect for my self) I wont go into anything else, outside of the fact in my 11 month tenure, we have went thru 8 employees!! with my self resigning it will be 9. I am planning to hand him this on my last day!

is this a good idea or should i just clear out?

May 24, 13 2:38 pm
citizen

If you don't plan on listing this job on your resume', yes, give him this "gift"? 

If, however, you plan to list that job as work experience (allowing the chance that someone might call your old boss for a reference about you), then, no, I'd resist the urge.  Try not to "burn bridges" in your work life--even the unpleasant ones.

May 24, 13 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

Are you certain it's the employer who is the "Richead"?

May 24, 13 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

@jean Nouvel

Yuo twu most be neiaghbur's! :D

May 24, 13 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

best sentence ever.

May 24, 13 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Be sure to give, "DA Boss" a used version....tattered and torn so he thinks your read it.

May 24, 13 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Hear is my advice: Don't be cutesy and clever with a book. Just stand up straight, wait for a moment when you two are alone, and say what you want to say without profanity. My guess is that he is an uncollaborative, egotistical lunatic with below average design skills. He is probably unhappily married and his children hate him. Don't make it personal, but keep it tough. If you want lasting satisfaction, record the conversation with your smart phone.

Good luck.
May 25, 13 12:14 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i don't think there is anything wrong with giving the guy a book.  whether he takes it as you trying to help or you being sarcastic is up to him. 

8 people left in 11 months?  there is a fair chance, based only on this, that s=r*Θ is not the problem.

May 25, 13 9:08 am  · 
 · 
Gmatc

He's going to say thanks really nicely

May 25, 13 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
As citizen said: don't burn bridges. This is a tiny profession and you don't wang to make enemies. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

If you see the guy socially somewhere later, like at a bar, you can have a Come to Jesus talk with him about the reasons you (and a dozen other people) left. But go it in a way that is helpful, not vindictive.
May 25, 13 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
As citizen said: don't burn bridges. This is a tiny profession and you don't wang to make enemies. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

If you see the guy socially somewhere later, like at a bar, you can have a Come to Jesus talk with him about the reasons you (and a dozen other people) left. But do it in a way that is helpful, not vindictive.
May 25, 13 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

If you see the guy socially somewhere later, like at a bar, you can have a Come to Jesus talk with him about the reasons you (and a dozen other people) left. But do it in a way that is helpful, not vindictive.
May 25, 13 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
Woah, what happened there?! Sorry.
May 26, 13 12:39 am  · 
 · 
G4tor

and waste $12.26 on him?!

May 27, 13 12:41 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

i was thinking, as i am evolving into an architect, it is my duty to add value to the environment. i feel strongly this will be adding value to future employee's as well as my current employer himself going forward.

May 29, 13 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

That is not your duty. Thank him for the opportunity, leave graciously, and if you see him out at a bar or something...tell him it's great to see him, and wish him the very best. The idea of giving him the book makes you look like a fool. Be the better person and act like a mature adult.

May 29, 13 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

What are you two years old ... use your words and take the higher ground.

May 29, 13 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
user777

oh grow up. don't give him the book.

if you want to get even, sleep with his wife.

May 31, 13 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i agree with user777.  that would be the high ground.

i think the OP wanted to help his boss though, not get even.

May 31, 13 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

http://www.amazon.com/Business-Design-Keith-Granet/dp/1616890185

better book.

May 31, 13 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Yeah your boss may be a major dick (we have all worked for them) but don't burn your bridges.

Jun 4, 13 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

just send him an 8' tall framed picture of mr. rogers...he will be totally confused...Imagine how much time he will waste trying to figure out what it means...

Jun 4, 13 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: