Archinect
anchor

Rhino or Revit for Strictly Rendering Purposes?

FPMarketing

I am trying to figure out which program would be ideal for me to purchase. I'm planning on using the program to render 3D floor plans, sections, and exterior and interior views of homes. I also know that Revit has the capability to produce most any drawing I need, whether it be a floor plan, section, or elevation. Is Rhino similar to this? I don't need construction documents, material take-offs, etc... this is purely for marketing purposes, however, it needs to be accurate. I am familiar with Revit and like the program, but am wondering if I could get similar/better/worse results with Rhino? 

May 23, 13 3:15 pm
JayCon

Stick with Revit as you can do CD's and Render... however, if we want a really nice, presentable render that isn't terribly time consuming... 3ds Max... works great with Revit

May 23, 13 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

I agree with JayCon.  While I've only rendered in Rhino using the V-Ray plugin (an extra cost, maybe leveling the playing field a bit), I've been able to get similar results in either.

The real benefit, I can imagine, would be in modeling.  The availability of families and the lighting settings can make interiors come alive much more quickly, with less post processing.  I love Rhino.  I enjoy Rhino more, prefer its interface, and can do more with it, but it can take considerably longer for many things.

May 23, 13 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
FPMarketing

Thanks for your input!

May 28, 13 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: