Archinect
anchor

blubberland and beyond!

treekiller

Elizabeth Farrely just got her book published where she explores the cultural impact of want and excess. As seen also in arch record, she places the blame on the individual (oh the horror!) and not the consumer-industrial complex for the bloating of our wants, bottoms, cars, or houses. So eat that James Howard Kunstler, its not the architect's fault, but the greedy consumers that want more then what is good for them.

Blubberland is a much more provocative term the drossscape.

Apr 7, 08 1:43 pm
toasteroven
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
Apr 7, 08 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

that image looks like what god would see taking a closer look at its vomit. what had resounding hallelujah-of-an-i for lunch? yes, a stone for zeus. my babies on a rampage, cute.
well i guess we'll have to wait for the son of god to swing his sweet chariot low, burn till the very son of god is ablaze. the sun of a son. sweet cinders.

and yet, little stories, charming little sad stories. technicolor spaghetti stories.

Apr 7, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

so is this kind of like neo-rococo?

Apr 7, 08 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
bluesidd

beta, please don't shill for Central Florida by using toity academic terms to describe what obviously neo-post-postmodern-post-deconstructivist-semiotic ephemera.

I mean, really.

Apr 10, 08 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: