Archinect
anchor

university of applied arts in Vienna

watts

Aside from zaha, Lynn, and hani rashid teaching there, does anyone know good info about this school? Is it any good or it's all hype because of starchitect faculty

May 22, 13 5:25 am
accesskb

All they care about is LOOKS..    If you want to learn how to think about real issues and think for yourself, go to another school.  All you'll be doing there is creating fancy models and doing what they want from you.

May 22, 13 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
Median

There of course is a focus on geometry, but the focus is not shallow, currently Zaha is focusing on urban planning issues and scales, Lynn's studio is focusing on architecture that moves, what can form and become of it, while Hani is focused on a more rigid advanced geometry developing from primitive forms. I was there only for a semester as an exchange student, and it is a really fascinating school. The students in the studio are very close and the the level of discussion and peer feedback is very high in and out of the studio, it is like a family.... Of course the school is what it is, and it is focused on experimental architecture, which I would assume is where you interests lye.

Of course on Archinect you have people who will just hate and bash, such as accesskb above, there are different ways to teach architecture and practice architecture, 98% of programs are not as progressive as die angewandte, but yet there is a constant need on this forum to whine, bitch and moan about the few programs who are very progressive in geometry. Get a life.

May 24, 13 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

hahahah and i'm offended.. NOT ^  what school do you attend anyway?  I'm guessing definitely not one in North America or you'd have a different opinion

May 25, 13 3:33 am  · 
 · 
bugaluu

So now you're aiming to create prejudice based on which school he goes to?

May 27, 13 5:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: