Archinect
anchor

A new visualization of mega-square-flyover, in a flood area in São Paulo

marcjull

This is the beginning of a new visualization of a hypothetical, possibly temporary mega-flyover-square,but ideally to last at least until the resources for a better solution became available (it would be sensible to conceive them a very long life, therefore), here along the Aricanduva Avenue in São Paulo's East End, the scene of frequent floods, see previous recent postings please. The height is about 8 meters (it could be 9, 10 I don't know), maybe over the canalized river, or perhaps just over the asphalt of the vehicle runways.

The proposition is the usual one. I repeat the main points:

1) reducing vehicle traffic problems, both by stimulating drivers to walk and by the separation, however partial, of the pedestrian and vehicle traffics;

2) to improve pedestrian mobility, also by providing the option for using equipment such as Segways, which could be rented by a concessionaire, and maybe bikes;

3) to mitigate the chaos caused by floods: the mega-flyover could be a place for waiting until the water drained (every year dozens of people are carried away, the corpses never to be found), perhaps saving a few objects, and where possible would link to the main help points such hospitals, fire brigade and so on. 

For youtube video of a flood in this area two years ago, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZLMNgABIk .

4) to create leisure spaces.

Success would be largely dependant upon a clever choice of materials (which would be have to be light: alluminium, wood, polymers, intelligent tissues) and use of state-of-the-art technology, as well as on a detailed studies of the buildings that would link to the mega-flyover, and also, on the study of the whole sociology and legal aspects involved. What kind of new relations would this create between the connected neighborhoods? What would be the consequence upon real-property prices?

I'll elaborate on the secondary points (less traffic accidents involving pedestrians, protection from the sun for the vehicles and asphalt, intimidation of criminal acts due to the broad view of the public using the flyover) later.

I also intend to analyse the case of coast cities that are subject to tsunamis.

Marco Juliano e Silva

tecbarter.blogspot.com.br / marcjultrad.com.br

May 19, 13 5:17 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: